WarnerMedia is comprised of HBO, Turner and Warner Bros. Together, these business units are leaders in the industry in creating premium content, operate one of the world’s largest TV and film studios and own a vast library of entertainment. WarnerMedia is one of four distinct business units operating under AT&T Inc.
We aim to deliver the world’s best stories and most engaging content from talented storytellers and journalists to audiences around the globe.
With the recent merger of AT&T and Time Warner, we’re now bringing a fresh approach to how the media and entertainment industry works for consumers, content creators, distributors and advertisers. We’ll bridge the gap between premium content and connectivity to that content. And together, we’ll drive even more choice, value and innovation to consumers – and deliver the best entertainment experiences in the world. For example:
- We’ll draw on our world-class library of top movies and TV shows, along with digital content, to experiment with shorter forms of content built for mobile viewing.
- We’ll work to integrate video with social media applications on devices.
HBO, Turner and Warner Bros. are world leaders in creating premium content. They operate one of the world’s largest TV and film studios and own a deep library of entertainment. They also manage popular digital sites such as Bleacher Report and some of our growing family of streaming services including HBO NOW, Boomerang and FilmStruck. And, we offer a strong portfolio of advertising solutions.
Home Box Office has world-class premium video and licenses its programming in more than 150 countries. HBO is known for its groundbreaking original series, popular late-night programs, compelling sports shows, award-winning documentaries, as well as Hollywood blockbusters. It is also credited for innovation that in recent years includes the successful launch of HBO NOW, as well as new over-the-top (OTT) products across international markets.
- HBO is home to acclaimed series including Game of Thrones, Westworld, VEEP, Silicon Valley, Big Little Lies and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.
- In 2017, HBO won 29 Primetime Emmy Awards, more than any other network for the 16th year in a row.
- In 2017, Home Box Office had a record-breaking year in subscription revenue growth and added over 5 million domestic subscribers across its HBO and Cinemax services.
Turner delivers some of the most valuable brands in the world across entertainment, sports, news and kids programming. It boasts more than 175 international networks, including the #1-rated pay-TV network portfolio in Latin America. Turner is home to a growing portfolio of original hits such as Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Rick and Morty, and The Alienist, and a growing digital portfolio that includes CNN Digital, Bleacher Report and more.
- Turner has three of the top five ad-supported cable networks in primetime among adults 18-49 in TBS, TNT and Adult Swim.
- Turner also claims four of the top 10 cable networks with millennials in total day, with Adult Swim claiming the #1 spot.
- As of year-end 2017, CNN was the #1 news network in both primetime and total day among adults 18-34 and was also the #1digital news destination for the second consecutive year.
Warner Bros. is a leader in global entertainment and is the world’s leading producer of film and television programming. Its vast library includes more than 100,000 hours of programming and is home to some of the most beloved franchises in entertainment, including DC Entertainment, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.
- Warner Bros. is producing 70 series across TV for the 2017-18 season, including top shows such as The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, and The Voice.
- In 2017, Warner Bros. had its best year ever at the global box office with over $5.12 billion in box office receipts with hits such as Wonder Woman, It, and Dunkirk.
- In 2017, Warner Bros. had more films rank #1 in their opening weekends in the U.S. than any other studio.
- 2017 also marked the 17th consecutive year that Warner Bros. ranked No. 1 in home entertainment.
Turner Advertising Turner Ad Sales has a portfolio of advertising solutions offering creative innovation and value for advertisers. Turner provides a full suite of capabilities that deliver demonstrably greater results for advertisers than traditional methods and practices.
Turner recently debuted Turner Ignite Studios, a new brand studio that brings together award-winning creatives from Turner’s entertainment properties to partner with marketers in creating custom and engaging intellectual property for digital, social and mobile platforms. Ignite Studios will provide a full-service approach for connecting brand partners with the army of fans across its networks.